Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reflecting the Father.

Reflecting the father...Its often easier said than done, and I'm so glad that God has lots of patience, because I just keep messing up. So, like when one of my kids fall down and scrape their knee, I go over and pick them up, dust them off and send them on their way, some times more often than not giving them a hug and a kiss. But I'm not like the Heavenly Father; I'm an earthly father, full of flaws, I'm a shameful human that without Jesus I don't know where I would be. So I try to reflect on the Father. I want to be like Him; but I can't.
It becomes a cycle of repentance. How many time can you say you are sorry, yet He forgives. I'm so glad he has patience.
So what am I trying to say...? I think its funny that just because you a re a christian that life is a bowl of cherries. Far from it! Many people will test you just to See how you will react. I found this to be very true when I worked as a corrections deputy. The inmates would always question me on my fairness when I would ask them to lock down or take away their TV when they would misbehave, "Hey man! I thought you were a christian!" they would shout or other vulgar remarks. I had a Sargent that would call me into his office a try to intimidate me, but he could never figure out why he could never get me down. I read one of his reports, and it said " After talking with deputy Mikarts on several occasions he always seems to be in good spirits." It must have stuck in his craw that after talking with him I would walk out of his office with a smile on my face. The world will try to smash you to pieces, but not if you wear the holy Armour thats talked about in the bible, that's not to say that you won't feel the blows.
I'll keep trying...after all I'm only human...and He is God.

No comments:

Captain Mikarts

Captain Mikarts
Mark always says he has the best office view!

Hispanola

Hispanola
These are the mountains on the island of Hispanola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic)

Haitian Airport

Haitian Airport
Here is a picture of an airport in Haiti!

About Me

My photo
Mark and I created this blog so that our friends and family could see all the blessings God is pouring on our family as we serve Him through Agape Flights. Mark is one of the captains, a flight instructor and maintenance man for God! We believe that through the thick and thin of life, you have to find the humor. We want the joy we get from the Lord to be evident in our daily lives. Our children have unidentified developmental delays, because of this, we have a heart for parents of children with special needs. Our kids have brought us the biggest joy - and the biggest challenges. Through our experiences, we pray we can help others.