Saturday, February 7, 2009

Campfires, track, and ramblings

I haven't blogged in a while and I am still pretty bummed that my personal blog is down, so I am still taking over Marks.  He was blogging yesterday about the weather and I deleted his post because it wasn't what I wanted.  And I've I wanted to put some pictures up...  (I don't know what's up with the picture placement and I don't have time to play around.  I'm caught up in reading the Twilight Series and I just got the 3rd book.  It is horrible literature, but I want to know what the kids at school are reading.  I will say that vampires and werewolves are addicting...)

Last Saturday night Zach came up with a great idea.  He wanted to roast hot dogs over our fire pit.  For those of you who know Zach, he really only talks about 3 things, Cars movie, riding the bus, and where's Daddy.  So out of the blue, he told us very clearly, that he wanted hot dogs over the fire.  When Zach speaks clearly and uses a new sentence, he pretty much gets what he wants.  So of course, we cooked hot dogs over the fire.  I was a nervous wreck because the boys kept walking around and getting too close to the fire for my tastes.  But all went well and we had fun...  Of course, my favorite part were the s'mores...



































Zach's next Special Olympics sport, track, started today.  All four of us went and had a great time.  Zach made a new friend and I think he will like running.  Maybe he can do the marathon with me in April?  













above: Zach is running the 50 m dash - I won't say his time, but he stopped in the middle...
below: Mark, the clown, is juggling the 4, 6, and 8 lb shots from the shot put.

Speaking of marathons in April, my ankle is bothering me.  Please pray that I figure out why and that God heals it.  After about 2 miles it really starts hurting.  Today it wasn't too bad once I got past mile 6, but I don't want to do any long runs while it is bothering me.  Ugh...

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Oooh, smores sound GREAT!! YEAH for a new sentence/topic! Sorry about the ankle, sounds like it needs rest. How do you do that while preparing for a marathon??? RUN Zach, RUN! Love that he felt laid back enough to take a break during the 50 m dash! Mark's juggling...impressive!

Captain Mikarts

Captain Mikarts
Mark always says he has the best office view!

Hispanola

Hispanola
These are the mountains on the island of Hispanola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic)

Haitian Airport

Haitian Airport
Here is a picture of an airport in Haiti!

About Me

My photo
Mark and I created this blog so that our friends and family could see all the blessings God is pouring on our family as we serve Him through Agape Flights. Mark is one of the captains, a flight instructor and maintenance man for God! We believe that through the thick and thin of life, you have to find the humor. We want the joy we get from the Lord to be evident in our daily lives. Our children have unidentified developmental delays, because of this, we have a heart for parents of children with special needs. Our kids have brought us the biggest joy - and the biggest challenges. Through our experiences, we pray we can help others.