Friday, May 14, 2010

June is almost here...Time to go to Brazil

WOW, what a fist half of the year!
Earthquakes, Medical emergencies, airplane crashes; if I didn’t know any better I would say Christ is coming back real soon!
On a good note, the Lord provided for many people in Haiti, and I was witness to many miracles.
It never ceases to amaze me how God always comes through. Always. Just when you think that all is lost , or how in the world is something going to get done without ( insert need here). God has an answer; just ask.
One of my recent problems was how am I going to afford the training for our new airplane? God answers… No problem, my child, your airfare to Brazil...Paid. Your training...No charge...Your hotel...Paid.
God is good, all the time. Yes I have to go to Brazil because there are no simulators for the Embrair here in the U.S. so please say a prayer for me on June 7-12.
Thank you to all who helped put together all the back packs full of goodies, they were a huge hit.


I don't think I've ever been to a place that was such a mess. That is not to say that God has forsaken Haiti. I see many Haitians that have taken Jesus into their hearts and are happy despite their hardships, we could learn a lot from them.
I would like to think that I've learned to take myself a little less seriously , (I know my wife Kristin would say otherwise) it’s a work in progress. We are so blessed, beyond comprehension, yet I get bent out of shape if my sneakers aren't white enough, or my coffee isn’t the way I like it. It makes me feel spoiled and ungrateful.
I suppose that many people would look down on Haiti, and point out all the things that are wrong, (and there is much room for improvement), but I choose to look at the strength of the people there. The average Haitian earns $135.00 a year, yet the price of food and other goods is equal to what we pay here in the U.S. That blows my mind! How resourceful one must have to be to live on $135.00 a year! At the same time it makes me think of what we have here.

No comments:

Captain Mikarts

Captain Mikarts
Mark always says he has the best office view!

Hispanola

Hispanola
These are the mountains on the island of Hispanola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic)

Haitian Airport

Haitian Airport
Here is a picture of an airport in Haiti!

About Me

My photo
Mark and I created this blog so that our friends and family could see all the blessings God is pouring on our family as we serve Him through Agape Flights. Mark is one of the captains, a flight instructor and maintenance man for God! We believe that through the thick and thin of life, you have to find the humor. We want the joy we get from the Lord to be evident in our daily lives. Our children have unidentified developmental delays, because of this, we have a heart for parents of children with special needs. Our kids have brought us the biggest joy - and the biggest challenges. Through our experiences, we pray we can help others.